Skip to main content

Life in the Fast Lane

Well, life is ever picking up. I took Gabe in for a doctors visit last month because he was that kind of sick that just doesn't get better. While I was there the doctor referred me to Early Intervention because Gabe doesn't speak. We went to the initial testing shortly after the doctors appointment. The test results we got back say that Gabe is communicating on a 10 month old level. They also said that it might be a good idea to have him tested for autism. While he will look you in the eye and smiles a lot his social interactions with peers and adults is very closed, like he doesn't know how to play with anyone else. It is a potential place for us as a family to deal with. Our first visit with Early Intervention is on Monday. We'll just see how it all plays out and hope for the best.


Randy will start a new job on Monday also. It is another R&D position at the JBT Aero Tech company in Ogden. He is excited and I am excited for him. There are a lot of good things going on with this company and we can only hope that it is as awesome a job as it seems. He applied for this job back in September and he was interviewed at the very end of March. I see the divinity of our situation and am grateful that we are being watched over and taken care of. God knows what is a good thing for us and it is with much pushing and prodding that we have made it here.  



I didn't really tell anyone that I was going back to school last August but I did. I am graduating in May with my Bachelor's of General Studies. This is really exciting and I should have said something back then because it matters to me that people know. I learned something serious about myself these last eight months, I have severe anxiety. I was afraid to tell anyone that I was going to school due to an unquenchable anxious feeling that I would let someone (other than myself) down by not graduating. I also didn't want to have to defend my semesters. The endless question, "How is school going?" is enough to make me break down into hysterical sobs. What if it wasn't going well? What if it was? What do you say to that question? To me, there is no right answer to that question and I vow to never ask it in that way ever again. But at the end of this month it won't matter any more because I'm graduating!  
 So life is picking up here in Ogden. Things are happening and good things are coming. We do have to speak in church this Sunday so wish us luck and inspiration. I have felt your thoughts and prayers and want to thank you for them. They truly have helped.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting the cat out.

So, yeah, I have been attempting to lose weight. It wasn't a New Years resolution or anything but I am happy to say that since the beginning of the year I have lost 20 lbs. I started out at 190 and I am down to 169. I was proud this morning to step on the scale and finally be below 170. That hasn't happened since before I got pregnant with Gabe. Its kind of a big deal to me. The trouble is, I don't fit into any of my smaller clothing but my fat pants fall off. I am losing weight in all the wrong places and so my legs are getting skinny but my love-handles still remain. I have tried cutting back my carbs but then I fall off the band wagon because I start craving them and then give in and binge.   Also, 20 pounds should be a big deal right? I showed up to a graduation last week 18 lbs down and no one said anything. Even my own spouse hasn't said anything. I am getting discouraged. I had to get on tonight just to whine and hope the bad feelings go away. Anyone else out th...

A Birth Story

We decided to try a midwife and I had started to seriously doubt that decision. I was 41 weeks and 1 day pregnant and very anxious about this baby making her appearance. I was tired of the pitying looks and comments from Gabe’s bus drivers and branch members. I was tired of feeling like a hostage to an unborn child. I was tired of feeling anxious and coming up with back-up plans for if she came at night or during the day. I was tired.             I woke up the morning of May 15, 2017 and said to the baby, “Alright, you are done, you are coming out today!” Then proceeded to walk 2.5 miles, take my evening primrose oil capsules, and various other wives tale, natural (excluding castor oil), labor inducing remedies. I climbed into bed that night feeling frustrated. I had had no contractions despite everything I tried. I felt like my body was broken. I kept having thoughts about my other children’s labors. I was induced with both of t...

Men aren't the only ones.

I was sitting in a room filled with women last Friday night. Please tell me what feelings that sentence invokes in you...I'm curious. For me, it feels me with some dread. I myself am a woman but I find the company of many women, overwhelming. All of these women are good people and generally are looking out for my best interests. But then, I opened my mouth. When asked how I was doing I expressed that I was feeling a little crazy and frustrated with my kids. And that's when the advice started. There was good advice, bad advice and stories told about why it is ok to be feeling that way towards my children. There was also the advice; "The worst thing you could possibly do is put a movie on for your kids." Well, I disagree. All of this advice being given within a three minute period. (There were a lot of women). Everyone wanted to share sage advice and wisdom. I understand, I guess. Most of these women are moms and need to get out of the house too. We all need our opinion...